Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A BABY STORY

We got to the hospital bright and early at 6:00 am! They hooked me up to the monitors, started my IV (which took 3 times and 2 nurse....ouch). Dr. Cote came in and did the procedure, I closed my eyes the whole time, I really didn't want to see a big long needle being stuck into my belly, it felt really weird and baby boy kept moving, so it took a little while, but they finally were able to get the amnio they needed. They told us it would be an hour or so for the results, so Scott and I took a nap until the Dr. came in and said his lungs were more than ready and we were having a baby today!!! I think both of us were a little shocked, I didn't want to get my hopes up so I didn't think it would be happening.

We started pitocin at 9:00am and I was only at a 1cm....it was then that I started wondering why I was doing this again! Scott went and got Rachel and Avery around 11am. I wondered how Avery would be seeing me all hooked up, wearing a hospital gown, but nothing fazed her. They broke my water around noon and the contractions started coming!! I was only at a 3, but was getting ready for my epidural. Scott took them back home, and I held off with an epidural for as long as I could. When he got back, we tried to play dice and card games to keep my mind off of the pain, it didn't last very long, and I kept having to take breaks to breathe through the contractions, they got pretty intense. I got my epidural once I was at a 4-5, AMAZING. I swear, it was so much better than with Avery, and hers was great, but there was something different this time,I couldn't feel a thing. I instantly got really tired though, I don't remember anything but being so relaxed I just wanted to take a nap. I stayed at a 5 for a few hours, but we figured it would change. During contractions, we noticed that the baby's heart beat kept dropping, so they had to monitor his heartbeat along with my contractions with internal things, his little heart beat kept dropping, so within 10 minutes of doing that, we were being rushed into a C-Section. Scott had time to put on his scrubs, text his dad, grab the camera, stop his bloody nose and before he could let anyone else know, they were wheeling me down the hall.

My anesthesiologist was really nice, I could tell that everyone was saying nice things to keep me calm, and surprisingly, I wasn't that worried. I knew that I didn't have a choice and I would be meeting my son in a matter of minutes, it was really surreal. I made Scott swear to me that he wouldn't look over the curtain and he was great, he let me squeeze his hand as hard as I could. At 7:14 pm baby Jax came out screaming before we could even see him. I got to touch his tiny foot and they took him over to the table to measure him. I hated that I didn't get to hold him right off the bat, I was able to see him and hear him and Scott got to take pics and calm him down. When they got him all cleaned up, Scott brought him over to me and I got to kiss his little cheek, he looked so much like Avery, it was crazy. One of the dr.'s took a few pictures of us, and then it was time for Jax to go up to the nursery and me to go into recovery. It took almost 2 hours to be able to hold him again, Scott recorded him a little bit in the nursery and came to show me, I WAS DYING TO HOLD MY BABY! By the time they brought him to us, it was around 10pm and we were so tired. We held him for an hour, he ate like a champ and they came and took him to the nursery for a few hours until it was time to feed him again so we could get some sleep.

Even though it was a hectic night, we were so happy and relieved that after all the worrying during this pregnancy that we had a perfect, healthy baby boy!!

1 comment:

The Ottley's said...

Oh I'm so glad everything worked out well! He is such a cute boy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed



I changed my font at scrappinblogs.blogspot.com