Tuesday, September 22, 2009

AHHH.
My blogger posts are usually happy, so I'm warning you: I'm going to rant.

Avery had to get shots today, and I had to take her by myself because Scott had class. I knew she'd probably not like it too much, but I had
NO IDEA
it would be
so crazy.
First we sat in the waiting room for 45 minutes.
And her appointment lasted for 2 hours.
She had to get her toes poked twice because of her iron levels at her last appointment.
That went okay.
But then the shots came...2 in her arm and 1 in her leg.
I literally had to strap her down with my body.
She's SO strong!!!
Then because of her toe poke levels ( I don't know the medical terms)...
We had to head down to the lab to get more blood taken.
I figured it would be a couple more toe pokes.
OH BOY was I wrong.
Avery was still hysterical from the shots 5 minutes before.
And the lady who had to take her blood looked at me like I couldn't control my own child.
RUDE.
Poor mommy & baby had no idea what was coming.
I know she was just doing her job, but she pricked my baby's little finger and
literally took 15 minutes to get blood.
The tube she had to fill was
HUGE!
After it was finally done, Avery and I headed off to our car
and I sat with her in the
driver's seat until she was somewhat calm.
Needless to say, I went through the drive through on the way home and got a
massive diet coke.
Luckily she fell asleep on our way home.
That was at 3:00 pm.
It's 6:08 pm and she's still sleeping
and I'm still recovering.



2 comments:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

poor girl! i can do the shots thing, but when it comes to them drawing blood on my baby, I can't do it! Luckily they have only had to do it once and I had David with me. He held her down while I sat in the corner crying. I think it was when she was a year old. Glad you are all feeling better though!

Jen said...

Oh my goodness! What a horrible experience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed



I changed my font at scrappinblogs.blogspot.com