Saturday, October 8, 2011

Jax is 1!

One whole year has passed since our lives changed forever.

One year ago today, Scott and I got up before 5:00 am, I did my hair & put some make-up on, I wanted to look nice when I met my son.

We got to the hospital for the amnio test to make sure his lungs were developed enough, I really didn't think it was going to happen.

But after an hour of waiting on the results, Dr. C came in and said "Are you ready to have a baby today?"

I looked at Scott, and I think it went without saying that we thought we were ready…

I was in labor for 9 hours when his heart rate started dropping with each contraction.

Then the next thing we knew, I was being rolled down for a c-section, praying and telling myself that it was ok and I was not going to be ‘that’ mom who got emotional over having an unplanned c-section.

It took forever for the anesthesiologist to get me completely numb, but I wasn't about to have surgery and be able to feel anything.

Jax was born at 7:09pm.

He looked and sounded surreal, his cry was so quiet.

I touched his foot, and they took him to get cleaned up.

They brought him to me for a minute and then he was gone.

For over 2 hours.

He was fine, so I don’t know why it took forever, but I just remember thinking and telling the nurse that I really wanted to see my baby.

They finally brought him to me and I held him until I couldn’t keep my eyes open.

It took 3 days to name him, our last night we decided on Jax Adam Boyce.

This last year has probably been the hardest and most rewarding year of our lives. Jax has brought so much joy into our home. His sweet spirit is exactly what our family needed. He’s been the sweetest baby, we love him so much!

Jax loves Avery, they hold hands in the car and make each other laugh all day. We went from having the quietest baby to now hearing dadadadadada, loud screeching, dancing, playing with his toys, banging things on anything that makes loud noises, laughing and clapping. He is into everything and never wants to be left out. He follows us around like a little shadow. We are so blessed to have him in our family!

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY JAX!








Can you guess what happened???








Thank you self-timer!

Opening presents....


We went to the Zoo and Red Robin for Jax's birthday.

Luckily he's 1 and didn't realize that it rained the whole time we were at the zoo,

we forgot to bring our camera there…

and our waitress was really lame and forgot to sing to him at dinner.

He loved watching the gorillas and eating his ice cream sundae so that's all that matters

right?





2 comments:

Amanda Jane said...

Oh this was sweet.I didn't know Jax's middle name was Adam! We liked the name Jax for our Adam, so funny. I love the family picture, looks like such a fun day.

Jeff, Crystal & Hudson said...

Happy Birthday Jax!! Love all your pics!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed



I changed my font at scrappinblogs.blogspot.com