Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'll Admit It....

Sometimes when I am bored (usually if Avery is napping), I tend to become a blogger junkie. I'll go from one blog to another, finding people that I haven't talked to in a long time, or even people that I've never talked to. Well tonight I came across a blog title that I thought was interesting so I began to read. Come to find out, it's a blog that a young widow created for her late husband. When I say young, I mean really young, they have 3 young girls. Anyway, the woman's husband was in a tragic motorcycle accident and died in May of this year. In the blog she wrote out a list of things that she missed, little things that people never think about until they don't have it anymore. I sat and cried like a baby while I read the things that she misses. I began to feel so lucky to have my husband sitting right next to me, I didn't have to miss his voice or holding his hand the way that this woman does. So I decided to write my own list of things that I LOVE about my hubby.

He always does what I ask him to do, without making me feel bad for asking him to do it, even if its getting up in the middle of the night to get me a glass of water because I'm thirsty, or changing Avery's very poopy diaper, no matter what, he does it!

He always tries to make me laugh, by talking in funny voices, dancing like a weirdo, making up a joke, repeating a line in a movie, he loves getting a laugh out of me and I love him for it!

I love the kind of daddy he is to Avery. The voices he uses when he talks to her, the nicknames he's given her. If she's fussy he'll give me a break and walk around with her for hours if he has to.

I love that he sincerely gets excited with me or for me. Like when a movie that I really want to see is finally out, or new things that Avery does that no one else would appreciate. He never makes me feel stupid about things that I'm excited for.

He's always in a good mood, so its hard for me not to be.

He rubs my back and tickles my feet whenever I ask him to, the best is when I don't have to ask him, he knows I like it that much.

He sees past my flaws and loves me anyway.

He's good at putting things together, which is a really good thing, because I'm so bad at it.

He's so willing to help my family, he never complains when we have to do things like spend the night at my parents house when they are out of town, to make sure my sister is safe.

He lets me pick what we watch on TV, even if it is 'So you think you can dance'.

He helps me clean and cook, he's never made me feel like it's expected.

He plays cards with me when I'm up feeding Avery at 2 in the morning, even if he has to be up early to go to school.

He holds the Priesthood and has been able to give me blessings when I've needed them, and will be able to Avery blessings if she does.

He always wants to cuddle or hold my hand.

He needs me.

He didn't get mad at me when I lost the diamond earrings he gave me for Christmas, in fact, he bought me another pair.

He's a hard worker.

He traded in some of his movies so I could get another season of FRIENDS.

When I was pregnant, he didn't use his body wash because of how sick it made me. He also didn't eat foods that he liked, ate the same meal multiple times in a row because it was the only thing I could eat, stayed home from school when I was super sick. He never made me feel bad for being so lame in the first 10 months that we were married--and I was SO lame.

He sacrifices things that he wants so I can have things that I want.

I basically have the most amazing husband, and I'm going to try harder to appreciate the things that he does for me and our daughter. Thank you for everything you do, I love you!

2 comments:

jeannie said...

what a sweet list!! sounds like your getting spoiled :)

Allyx and Dan said...

you guys are SO cute! Your baby is so beautiful! I'm glad to hear your doing so well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed



I changed my font at scrappinblogs.blogspot.com