Saturday, November 22, 2008

My Big Girl!

Ever since our little Avery was born, she's been just a little dependent on us, probably due to the fact that she was never sat down for one second (and still isn't)! Mostly because she's just so dang cute, I can't stand not to be holding her if I'm not busy cleaning or something. Seriously, she would be fast asleep, and as soon as we'd lay her down and walk away, what do you know, she's awake! The days before we had our swing were crazy! When she was about 2 weeks old, her daddy needed a haircut badly! So we laid her down on the couch while she was asleep, and when she realized that no one was holding her, she just couldn't believe what was happening! Well...things are starting to change!

I was making lunch this week and Scott was trying to write a paper, so we just sat Avery on the couch and she got pretty comfy! She sat back and even used the arm rest and just observed everything around her, we were amazed!! We caught some cute pics of her content on her own for once!





Other new things Avery is doing...

  • She's cooing a whole lot more, (haven't caught any on tape yet).
  • When she cries there's a lot more to it then just constant screaming.
  • She's actually just becoming a big whiner! We love her anyway though!
  • She's started sleeping for about 8 hours every night! Totally makes up for being a bit whiny during the day!!
  • Smiles are a lot more frequent! I can't get enough of them!!
  • She recognizes her daddy when he gets home from school and just gives him big fat smiles...its the cutest thing ever!
  • She got scared for the first time by a loud noise...it was sad.
  • She got her 2 month shots, that was also pretty sad.
  • She weighs 12 pounds and is 22 inches long, that puts her in the 75th percentile for weight and 25th percentile for height...you can probably guess who she's taking after...sorry Avery!
  • She constantly wants to eat! I've had to give her a bottle a couple of times because I can't keep up with my chunky monkey!
  • I've started walking at the park to get rid of my post-baby body, so she's been to the park for the first time.
  • She has tummy time every day and looooves it! It's cool to see her little muscles in action!
  • She recognizes my voice and follows it.
  • She likes watching TV, don't worry, if I catch her I quickly turn her head, she's too young for that!
Well those are all of the new things that I can think of...we're both still amazed that we're parents! I'm so thankful that Scott and I were married in the temple and sealed together forever, and that Avery is ours forever! I can't imagine our life without her!

1 comment:

jeannie said...

cute little pics of her.....so sweet!
I like the updates!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed



I changed my font at scrappinblogs.blogspot.com