Monday, November 10, 2008

you know you're sick when....

For the past week or so, I've been feeling the sickness coming. Waking up with a sore throat every day, stuffy nose, that sort of thing. Well...this last weekend it hit. I'm officially sick and there seems to be no end in sight. Scott has been stuffing vitamins down my throat, I'm drinking lots of fluids like people tell me too. I'm just not sure what kind of medication is okay to take while nursing?? I was able to take sud-a-fed (sp??), while I was pregnant, so I've taken that once, but I'm trying to be medication free and just take vitamins. I'm assuming this is a good plan.

But you know it's pretty bad when you can't remember your own husbands name, or why there is a crying baby in your room. Scott was being an AWESOME, amazing husband, when he let me go to bed early on Saturday night and offered to stay up with Avery all on his own (this has never happened). Well, he thought she had fallen asleep, so he came and put her in her swing, which is in our room. Let's just say, she wasn't asleep...all I remember is waking up to a crying baby, trying to figure out why and all I could think to do is call out "LUKE" (which is my brother's name). I knew it didn't sound right, but I couldn't think of anything else. Luckily, Scott came in and got her and I slept for a while more. I remember waking up and feeding her and putting her back into her swing and passing out again. The next thing I know, I'm waking up, its about 3 in the morning and our nightstand light is on. Again, I couldn't remember where I was, so I told "RACHEL"( the person I shared a room with, my whole life, until I was married) to turn off the light..

The next morning I woke up with a very confused husband. Wondering why I had been calling out my siblings names all night.

On a brighter note, my baby is smiling SOOOOO, so, so much now. It's the cutest most precious thing I've ever witnessed in my life. It's getting to the point where she'll wake up to eat in the morning, all cranky and fussy... and when I pick her up, she'll look at me and get the biggest grin I've ever seen. Amazing. I fall in love with this little baby more and more every day.




4 comments:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

that is the worst. we have been sick too, at least ours is only the 24 hour bug and we don't have symptoms that linger for weeks.

If you are still feeling yucky just go to the pharmacy and ask what you can take while nursing, then you won't have to go to the doctor to figure something out. I hope you feel better soon.

Tiffany Fackrell said...

Oh and I called your apt. complex and they have openings for us...I need to get our applications sent off this week! We will be moving Dec 14th!

jeannie said...

That is the sweetest smile...I LOVE IT! Give her a squish from aunt jean!

Shauna said...

Precious pictures! Thanks for sharing :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed



I changed my font at scrappinblogs.blogspot.com