Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

This year my goal for Thanksgiving, besides cooking an edible meal for our friends, was to get pictures of our family on the holiday. I succeeded in getting pictures of food...but not of us, oh well. 
We had so much fun with our friends, the Sorenson's again this year. It was laid back and fun, which was exactly what we wanted! They are in Scott's class and in our ward and Avery calls their boys her best friends, she even loves watching Spiderman now because they like it so much.
We were in charge of the turkey, and I'll admit I lost some sleep thinking about that stupid
bird defrosting in my sink for 2 days...but Scott did an awesome job.
It was seriously the best turkey I've ever eaten! My rolls turned into bricks...but I think
that's what you get when you attempt to make rolls for the first time while making 5 other things at the same time....so maybe I'll get some practice in this next year and be ready for rolls and pictures of our
family next time!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!



Scott made the pies...this one is Chocolate Silk.

Pumpkin...baked by, Scott Boyce

Scott made this too...Lemon Meringue 

Please tell me everyone's kitchen looks like this while they cook....

Our list of things to make!

My sweet hubby getting his hands dirty with my bricks rolls...

The amazing turkey that made me lose sleep!

1 comment:

Amanda Jane said...

I'm lucky if my kitchen looks that clean after I cook! And I'm very impressed by Scott's pie skills.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed



I changed my font at scrappinblogs.blogspot.com