Thursday, April 21, 2011

dream come true



Have I mentioned that it's a fight getting ready every single day with this diva?
First, she hates baths....which is weird...since she's loved
those things since day one...but things change I suppose.
Then she says "owie" before I even start combing her hair
(that's karma though...because I'm pretty sure that's why my mom cut my hair like a boy when I was in 1st grade)
Getting dressed is usually easy, she doesn't have an opinion on her clothing yet, just the shoes she's wearing.
But then the biggest fight of all is when Mommy is trying to get ready...Avery HAS to be in the bathroom, and HAS to have a make-up brush in her hand or the world will end. I usually let her, but she's gotten smarter lately and knows that nothing is going onto her face when she wipes the brush on...but I'm not about to let her wear make-up.
So, my solution is the wonderful Children's Museum that we have passes to....you would not believe how long my girl can sit in front of the mirror and put 'make-up' on!
It is like the highlight of going there. And she will sit as still as can be while I paint her little face.
I wonder what kind of teenager she'll be.......

1 comment:

Luke & Brittney said...

She's such a big girl!! Dallace has been doing the same thing and unfortunately unless my makeup is at the top of the closet she finds ways to get to it and knows how to open EVERY kind of twist top from foundation to nail polish to mascara. fan-freaking-tastic. I've been trying to make a big deal out of using clear chapstick so she'll think that it's exciting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed



I changed my font at scrappinblogs.blogspot.com