Monday, April 18, 2011

Sleep Training?

Right now this sweet little babe is upstairs alone in his own bed for like the 2nd time in his life. Last time we tried this, he started screaming the instant he felt my body heat leave his &
I let him cry for about 5 minutes tops...this time he's still sleeping, but its only been about 3 minutes.
His bassinet is in our room, but Jax ends up sleeping with me every night. It started when we went home for Christmas, and we've
gotten in the habit of sleeping like that every night.
So, our nights consist of nursing every hour or two and waking up
in the morning exhausted with sore shoulders & hips.
Tonight starts something new. I've been talking about doing it since
we got home in January, but now that he's 6 months I'm going to do it!
We're going to let him cry it out....Scott will probably have to sit on
me to stop me from getting him..I know after about 10 minutes
I'm going to by dying to get him.
Once we get him able to sleep without snuggling with me all night,
we'll make the transition of moving him into Avery's room.
We're seriously thinking of remodeling our storage room into a
room for Avery, but that won't be for a few months.
K. Now it's been 10 minutes, I'm crossing my fingers this will work!
Wish me luck!

3 comments:

The Boyce's said...

GOOD LUCK!!! Probably one of the hardest things for a mom to do! But so worth it in the end! Matt had to hold me down while we were sleep training Bannock! And I'm already dreading it with the next one & I still have several months! lol

amanda said...

I seriously had to go down-down stairs so I couldn't actually hear Adam. It was horrible if I could hear him and I would go rescue him in minutes. Stay strong! Your bed needs you!

Luke & Brittney said...

Good luck! Hope it goes easier than you're thinking it will!! Come on, Jax!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed



I changed my font at scrappinblogs.blogspot.com